February 22, 2012

Why Foursquare?

If you are in sales, marketing, advertising or any form of branding, fourqsquare is a must!
What if you could reach thousands of potential followers/customers every single day?  What if you could place a giant sign right next to the blockbuster of the week that said, "My name is Used Car Ricky and I think buying a car should be fun!" And you could do it for free!!!???
What if you could have your own marketing team on standby waiting to throw up the next billboard every time a new business went up???

Alamo Drafthouse is a theater/restraunt/bar that is a very high traffic business with tons of promise for free advertising. I was checking foursquare one day and noticed that Alamo Drafthouse had been added to my list of places nearby. So I checked in. It said congratulations you are the mayor. I didn't think anything of it, until, I got a message that said, you have just been overthrown as the mayor of Alamo Drafthouse. So I imediately logged on to see who I had to kill. Right then it struck me!!!

What does everyone playing foursquare do when they check in somewhere?
That's right!!!
Looks to see who the mayor is!!!  So if you want exposure, if you want to make connections, if you want to be local, then get on foursquare, find a business that resonates with your type of client and become the mayor.
The ROI on social media gets better and better everytime you become the mayor.
Thank you and good night!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment