February 24, 2012

YouTube: Get Your Message Out


Video is a great way to get you message out. There are some things you should do to optimize your video so people can find it and share it.
If you want a high click rate, keep your videos under two minutes, for now anyway. You want to be known as an expert, so whatever you upload, make sure its something you are really interested in. If you are using an iPhone, iMovie is awesome for videos. Now that your video is up make sure the title is short and to the point. I try to keep it around 5 words or less. The description should be short as well. Try to remember that people go to YouTube to watch not read. Also, in every single video, put the URL of your blog or website in the description. It will help with back links, indexing, and searches on Google. Now tagging! Remember, tagging is a way to reference your content. If you are looking for sedans, you shop the sedan section not the truck section, so tag your videos accordingly because if you tag them incorrectly people will vote them down. Now license. I catch grief because I use a creative license which means the others can download and embed my videos. Others say you should protect your content from being altered. I say as long as I'm honest and transparent, people will know if something has been altered, and I have the original. You can decide for yourself. I want my videos to infect the web and the best way for that to happen is by allowing others to find it and share it.
Thank You and Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment